• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 recovery Sparta

Hoefler

Today I recovered one M35A3 amd M36A3 from Sparta with the help of Scott (another SS member). Drove on home and trailered the other with Scott's help. Distance was about 180 miles back to St Paul with no issues.Did notice the speedometer on the one I drove is off (48 on truck was actually 42 MPH GPS). Got lucky and found a new jack and tool set in one, long wheelbase and runs really well. The other has new top cover and supports with fiberglass seats, gun legs, hinged bumper step. Plan on using one of them for light hauling of weldments from fab shop to paint shop.
The load out was fast and simple-both trucks started on their own. GL was helpful as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Nice Haul

But that trailer and load look over what the towing vehicle should pull with the single wheel rears. What braking do those pickups use to those trailer types? are they electric or what?. We are making an F350 4x4 into a recovery truck, and have hydraulic bed trailer for it. but total loading in the u.k. would NOT allow a deuce + that trailer. just (very) curiouse. and both those trucks look absalutely star buy.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Off topic for a moment-the trailer is a 21,000 gvw trailer with electric brakes on all 3 axles, as long as the brakes are good it stops it just fine. The tires on the truck are load range E rated over 3500 lbs ea. The load may be over what the book says to haul for the truck but the trailer does most of the work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks