• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 spindles and bearings change

cywk

Looking for help Ive got M35A3 Im changing bearings out for M35A2 style but want to use my A3 spindles any one incounter this can I do this

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve , what is involved with changing the rear A3 hubs to A2 bearings ? I have been told to heat up the expoxy on the air inlet to remove it , what about the air line hole in the hub , pipe plug ? I plan on doing the seals and bearings over the winter . Bob k:driver:

cywk

Those numbers which goes with wich inner outer. you say bearing is against air inlet Im not sure what your mean

cywk

I hate to loose the ctis but for the $$ I can live with it but Id like to be able to put it back on some day if i wanted but it may be a one way road but at least I can run liquid balance then.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate to loose the ctis but for the $$ I can live with it but Id like to be able to put it back on some day if i wanted but it may be a one way road but at least I can run liquid balance then.
Then you need to buy to spinles for the M35A2 and replace the m35A3 spindles if you want to go back to CTIS.

CanonNinja

Definitive answer to Swapping M35A3 front bearings and seals to A2 goodies

Well, Ive searched like crazy, and cant find anything that answers my question. I have torn down a grenaded A3 front bearing and ready to put parts back on, and need to know...What exactly do I need to modify on the spindle to disable CTIS permanently, and what parts do I need to go back on? Currently I have the A2 bearings and races, inner and outer hub seals, locking washer, and 2 spindle nuts sitting in a box ready to go back on. I just cant figure out if there's anything that MUST be done before just putting parts back on the spindle and closing things back up.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's been awhile but I think they said we had to machine off the plate on the spindle to gain axcess to the original inner seal mounting area.

Last edited:

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Then you need to buy to spinles for the M35A2 and replace the m35A3 spindles if you want to go back to CTIS.
This is wrong, if you want CTIS you can not use M35A2 spindles. To get read of CTIS and the sorry wheel bearings use a M35A2 spindles or machine the weld off of the air gland on the spindle.

CanonNinja

What I have done thus far is removed everything save for the spindle and brake components. I'm guessing that blocking off the air line and swapping to A2 bearings and hub seals doesnt quite cover it.... guess I'll be pulling the spindle this week and removing this garbage.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I have done thus far is removed everything save for the spindle and brake components. I'm guessing that blocking off the air line and swapping to A2 bearings and hub seals doesnt quite cover it.... guess I'll be pulling the spindle this week and removing this garbage.
Do you have someone that has a 20" lathe to machine the weld off?

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I removed my CTIS last year , rear's were a piece of cake . remove the tire , pull the axle , remove the CTIS bearings , burn off the epoxy and air line ,clean up the hub and install your A2 seals and bearings . Fronts require you to install A2 spindle's + seals and bearings . Not a bad job , got the rears down to about 1 HR. a wheel .

Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks