• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 starter

the buddah

went to start her no click no joy ran great the day before so I ordered a new switch still no joy tapped the starter no joy any sug before I buy a new starter now the starter was sprayed with wd40 by accident not directly but over spray thank you in advance

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WD40 will not affect the operation of the starter. Has the starter demonstrated and issues previously? Dragging?, intermittent engagement? These Cats start so fast, the stater doesn't even get a work out. Doubt that the stater is the issue.
Check elect. connections, batteries, you've done the switch. Check for voltage at the starter. Last resort, remove it and have it tested. Report back
JC

the buddah

no issue with starter connects are good only thing not done due to day light was a volt test will do 1st light don't want the bears sneaking up on me lol

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the A.M. get soldier B to try to start it and put a meter at the starter. Bears? What's that big black dog for? Big dog, big flash light, big pistol, big bear pot roast.

R Racing

Sounds like a bad master power switch to me. I had 1 that drove me nuts till I found it was my issue . Swore it was the starter. But it wasn't.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also check that the trans shifter is in "N". Cycle the shifter, and check the neutral safety switch.

3dAngus

You have bear problems too? This was just outside my bedroom window at 4:30AM when I was down at Debary visiting my son two weeks ago.
He has a 11 month old daughter and Wildlife Management won't do anything about it. Three bears are regular visitors throughout the neighborhood. Dogs are missing, others are wounded. No children hurt so far.
That's my white pickup with DRMO stuff in the back.

Edit: This was a .mov file, which is supposed to work.
Not sure why the site calls it a .php file, which doesn't work.

Attachments

Last edited:

3dAngus

Trying it again...

Edit: no,.... still calling it attachment.php file
Filename is actually IMG_1305.mov
Weird...

So, I saved to my desktop as attachment.mov and it played from there.

Attachments

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have bear problems too? This was just outside my bedroom window at 4:30AM when I was down at Debary visiting my son two weeks ago.
He has a 11 month old daughter and Wildlife Management won't do anything about it. Three bears are regular visitors throughout the neighborhood. Dogs are missing, others are wounded. No children hurt so far.
That's my white pickup with DRMO stuff in the back.

Edit: This was a .mov file, which is supposed to work.
Not sure why the site calls it a .php file, which doesn't work.
I'm all for conservation, but bears belong in the wild, not in the driveway. That bears is 450# plus. That video needs to be shown to the authorities, and that animal trapped/tranqed. Or a .444 Marlin, if found in the driveway again.

3dAngus

The bears in this neighborhood have been reported dozens of time.
Until there is a death or hurting of a human being, the Wildlife people refuse to do anything about them, and threaten those who offer to with heavy fines. They are more pro bear than people. There are so many of them they are not capturing and moving them, because there are so many in other parts of the state nearby. Florida finally opened a small window for a bear hunting season with limits to reduce the population, but only in limited areas.
Bears are like gators in Florida. Don't touch, don't feed, and if you do touch, you get fined, unless you have the blood and torn flesh to prove you were protecting yourself.
Edit;
It's getting pretty scary. I now recall one bear attack in Central Florida a few months ago, now that I think about it, so I googled it, and sure enough, bear attacks are up in Florida.

Last edited:

DrillerSurplus

Trying it again...

Edit: no,.... still calling it attachment.php file
Filename is actually IMG_1305.mov
Weird...

So, I saved to my desktop as attachment.mov and it played from there.
I've used the free VLC media player for about 5 years. (http://www.videolan.org/) It will open & play many different file types including the php.

That looks like a pretty good size black bear. I worked in Alaska for about 10 seasons out in the bush & the black bears were much more of a nuisance & hazard than grizzlies.

If we shot a bear in self defense, we had to send the head, paws and hide to Fish & Game because they didn't want people claiming self defense and getting a trophy or a bearskin rug out of it. One summer the camp was on an island because they had a lot of problems with bears in the area the year before. In the first six weeks, 4 bears were shot. Skinning a bear in the middle of summer with a cloud of mosquitos and flies was about enough to make us swear off hunting.

EdMontana

That happen to me today, my A3 "NEVER" missed a start in the last few years I have it but today I got nothing......batteries OK, turned on couple days ago just fine, turned the lever and NOTHING, not even a click.....like if the tranny was engaged, but was in Neutral, I even move the stick up and down to see if it maybe was the case something got stuck and nothing. I wonder is the starter froze? VERY cold here and everything is pretty iced.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put a meter on the trans neutral switch. It is probably stuck open. Dought that the stater is frozen.

EdMontana

Put a meter on the trans neutral switch. It is probably stuck open. Dought that the stater is frozen.
is the switch inside the tranny stick column ?.......I went make sure that the batteries were good and they are, flipped the lever and turned the lights on and the act not even bother the gauges, gave up doing anything else as it is so **** wind and cold here. One thing I noticed when I turned it on 3 days ago was that the air buzzer never turned off, I had the same problem on others A3's under cold weather, the air gauge due to water in the air line gets frozen.