• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 super shimmy!

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen some truckers run this Centrimatic system on their trucks I have yet to see one run on a MV. It would probably benefit people with or without CTIS. Here is a video demo. Centramatic
I have also heard of people running Equal (the coffee sweetener) in their tires to balance them out.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
glcaines, just curious why the wheels would only be rated to 60psi. Were did you find that info, is it stamped on the wheel? We are using our truck to fight wildfires and everyone else that has them and still running the CTIS stuff are having problems running the tires of the rim. We have yet to have any problems with ours, I will have to check into the 60psi rating. All I read was the info on the tire which stated max pressure was 80psi I believe.
There have been several posts on SS about the 60 PSI pressure limit for the A3 wheels. In addition, it is stamped on the wheels themselves as a warning. The limit is due to the O-rings and valve stem grommets. I apologize for the poor quality of the attached photo but I used my cell phone in the dark with a flashlight.

Attachments

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI....C&M can custom program your CTIS computer to whatever psi you want.
I read somewhere in a post, or perhaps someone told me, that the reason C&M sets the highway pressure maximum at 45 psi is due to the axle seals. Apparently, axle seal life is shortened at higher pressures. I also read in the TM that in extreme cold they recommend not using the CTIS until some mileage has been driven to help prevent premature axle seal failure. They want the seals to warm up before putting pressure to them.

Bolkbich

with 17 oz antifreeze the shake is gone ....at every speed? how about wide open 50+mph i put the extra lugs on like justin recommended and its just about perfect...im gonna take my ctis off anybody interested?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks