• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a3 tacometer

AceHigh

my tacometer on the A3 quit today checked wire plug in and it is charging an Ideas???
Not sure what you mean that it is charging. Anyway, the A3 tach gets 24 volts from the system, has two wires to the sender in the bell housing and that is it. Sometimes the sender gets a little loose and does not receive the signals (one pulse per tooth on the flywheel) and sometimes it is a connector problem.

They are not easily available on the market so you will have a time if you can't get it to work. I finally bought a civilian unit with a digital hourmeter, it is working great.

RIDDLE1

I would pull the sensor out of the bell housing and check to see if a piece if metal is stuck to it. It is a magnet and the metal would cause it to stop reading the teeth on the flywheel.

AceHigh

Riddle is right. The sensor is real easy to remove and check- if you have the engine and transmission lying on the garage floor. If not it is kind of tough.

You can get to it by going over the driver's fender. You will see the two wires going to the bell housing. Or, you can remove some of the firewall plates and get to it from the cab.

RIDDLE1

Riddle is right. The sensor is real easy to remove and check- if you have the engine and transmission lying on the garage floor. If not it is kind of tough.

You can get to it by going over the driver's fender. You will see the two wires going to the bell housing. Or, you can remove some of the firewall plates and get to it from the cab.
Haha! Yea it is not very fun to get to. I went over the fender.

Z71

Tacometer? Is that the instrument which displays the total number of tacos you have eaten while drivng your deuce? :mrgreen:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, They had them at the restaurants that I ate at while out in San Diego.

gungearz

No, no, no, a tacometer is the meter on your dash that tells you how many tacos it takes to make for your deuce to run. I don't know what he's talking about. He said he has an A3. Tacometers are on A2's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks