• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Tires

ohfiredude

Does anybody know the standard tire size for a M35A3 deuce?

Also, can anybody recommend a place to buy these tires where they aren't super expensive?

Thanks!

OFD

ToddJK

Considering what I've read on a few threads, the 395's are more available and cheaper than the stock A3 tires Simp listed above. From online sources, I noticed most 395's (Michelin) are typically around $120-$200 depending on condition and if they have a rim or not, run flat or no run flat, and lastly, from whom. That doesn't include shipping if they need to be shipped.

ohfiredude

Considering what I've read on a few threads, the 395's are more available and cheaper than the stock A3 tires Simp listed above. From online sources, I noticed most 395's (Michelin) are typically around $120-$200 depending on condition and if they have a rim or not, run flat or no run flat, and lastly, from whom. That doesn't include shipping if they need to be shipped.
Thanks ToddJK! I've seen some Michelin 395 tires that look to be in really decent shape for around $250 - $400 each. OTOH, I've seen some of the same tires go for as much as $1,200ea. new!! o_O

ohfiredude

A quick search showed me that new Michelin XZL 395s cost about $2000 each. New Continental 365/80R20 tires are $800-$900 each IIRC.

Be careful buying surplus tires. If a shop thinks there's too much sidewall cracking, they may not pass a vehicle safety inspection, historical tags or not.
HDN, thanks for the heads-up on buying surplus tires. I'd hate to spend money on tires only to realize they are unusable. Because new tires are so expensive, I'll either have to save up to buy new Continental tires at $8-900 each. Ouch!

Michelins at $2K ea??!? No way!! That would be $12K for a set of 6 and I wonder if that would include installation.

Reactions: HDN

HDN

HDN, thanks for the heads-up on buying surplus tires. I'd hate to spend money on tires only to realize they are unusable. Because new tires are so expensive, I'll either have to save up to buy new Continental tires at $8-900 each. Ouch!
At a minimum I suggest getting newer (younger) surplus tires to put on the steering axle. The rear ones aren't as likely to cause major control issues should one blow up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks