• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Title in Alabama

pacebm

I know someone had reported earlier that you could not title an A3 without an EPA/DOT certification in Alabama but I had a different experience. I got my A3 title this week with no issues whatsoever. Took about 4 weeks to get here but other than that, no problem. Is this just luck or have some rules changed? I just went to the courthouse with the SF97 and they came out and compared Vin numbers. No issues. I knew some folks had issues but I thought it wouldn't hurt to try and to my surprise the title arrived Thursday.

flyxpl

I had problems my first tri in IL , they were going to give me an offroad use only title . The next day I went down the street and it went through no problems . I think it just all depends on who you get at the dmv . I am not sure if the other guy in GA has had any luck yet or not . I beleive he was going to try a diffferent location.

abh3

You're welcome!

What was going on in AL is they had passed legislation requiring all street driven, tagged motor vehicles to conform to applicable safety and emission standards for their year of manufacture. This was to keep golf carts, atvs and jap minitrucks from getting tags and being operated on the public highway but the Dept of Rev had begun applying this rule to ANY and ALL unusual vehicles w/o a regular VIN, everyone was guilty until proven innocent, so you could get a title but not a tag.

What I had to do was convince the Dept of Rev to admit that MVs are EXEMPT from safety and emission standards when built as found in U.S. Federal Code for motor vehicles, that exemption transferred to subsequent owners and by virtue of the way the AL code was written they were then exempt from state requirements. It was a SS member that got me pointed in the right direction for that. The Dept of Rev lawyers had to mull it over but they relented eventually and I got a tag for my A3. :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks