• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 transfer case issue

CanonNinja

Well, thought I had an air leak in the line, so popped open the access panel today and found where air is coming from. When the switch is engaged, you can hear the "clunk" inside the case, then immediately after, air starts coming out of the vent pretty steadily. The dash light never indicates the lock, but you can hear it engage. I noticed quite a few air lines in the back for the cab today, havent ran to see where they lead to yet though.

Any ideas? Or is something inside the case fragged? If it's the air piston and seal that went bad, anyone have part numbers or a place to buy the kit besides TNJ's over-inflated prices?

Last edited:

Clay James

Is it similar to an A2? On my A2 they put the piston in backwards and it would still clunk, but not lock in because it didn't have as much travel. The seal for the piston can leak air if it's damaged and that will go into the transfer case through an oil passage. I slightly gouged the seal on mine by mistake when I was fixing it and I can hear it leaking like you describe:oops: