• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 unloader air lines

San Diego baja

Ive looked at the TM and either it doesnt show it or I don't understand it.

can someone please take a picture of where the two small air lines that go to the unloader end up? mine combine at a + fitting just in front of the firewall, just prior to petcoc. Ive scoured for existing pictures and watched all the videos on youtube in the hopes of catching a glimpse.

the symptom I have is that my air system wont charge over 60psi. it seems that's is the time when those to lines receive are pressure, the compressor stops building and then the system begins to slowly drain.

San Diego baja

well I think I made some headway, finally found the parts list with a decent diagram. I'm at work so I wont be able to confirm for a while but it seems that someone routed the line that should go to the air horn, into the unloader and somehow the line that goes to the air dryer is missing or tucked away somewhere.

I will hope fully be able to post pictures of this in the next few days incase anyone runs into this quackery.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a similar issue with my M35A3 a few years ago. It turned out to the the priority valve. I found a new one on-line, but don't remember where. It is a common part on civilian trucks and easy to replace. If you replace it, make sure you get the correct pressures, or can adjust to the correct pressures. I've also attached part of TM 9-2320-386-24-1-1 that you might already have concerning troubleshooting the pneumatic system. Due to other unrelated issues, I also had to replace my Haldex air dryer. I've now been trouble free for years.

Attachments

San Diego baja

F7307877-DCB2-4D61-9A3C-5C3DCE1BDB1E.jpg526DF0C9-A700-44A8-BE62-527F8F16B7CF.jpg
Ok I finally got some pictures
the two lines coming from the unloader go to either side of this + fitting. I found the cut line underneath the frame rail . My questions is which line on the unloader actually goes to the fitting? Top or bottom?

San Diego baja

7CAB5FAE-DC84-402F-AF48-0CEC6A3DD765.jpgIt appears to be, if you follow this file. One air line exiting the 4 way fitting should go to the air horn, the other goes to the unloader . The “air compressor governor” has two fittings( one that goes to the drier and one inlet) , I just need to know which port on the air compressor governor goes to the 4 way fitting

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It appears to be, if you follow this file. One air line exiting the 4 way fitting should go to the air horn, the other goes to the unloader . The “air compressor governor” has two fittings( one that goes to the drier and one inlet) , I just need to know which port on the air compressor governor goes to the 4 way fitting
On mine, the top line in the photo goes to the 4-way fitting.