• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 VIN question

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently bought an M35A3, but it has not yet made it home. I have a question regarding the VIN #. Did they issue a new VIN number or did the truck retain its original VIN # when it was rebuilt? If it is the former, is there any way to track the history of the original truck? When was it originally built? By which manufacturer? Thanks!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Concur and I think they all started off with 500 and the rest of the number. Probably not. It would probably show the truck going to a depot or something like that IF you found the old number.

EdMontana

BKubu said:
I recently bought an M35A3, but it has not yet made it home. I have a question regarding the VIN #. Did they issue a new VIN number or did the truck retain its original VIN # when it was rebuilt? If it is the former, is there any way to track the history of the original truck? When was it originally built? By which manufacturer? Thanks!

Nameplates will tell where and when they were rebuilt.

A new VIN #.....my first A3 I sent the request for SF97 using the new vin # only and the SF 97 come like that.

My second A3 I did the same but for some reason they added the USA number to the VIN number in the SF97

Edit...photo added

Attachments

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bob , it's on the RS front bumper , those are the unit numbers , that's all I looked for at the time . Do a google search and you should be able to find the unit . BK

fireman5

I found the serial number plate on the front axle. It's M00511. The person I bought my truck from painted the unit number of his son's unit. So I don't have the bumper number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks