• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 wheel tire dismounting

shootiniron

I'm trying to break the bead on a 14.50 tire on the A3 rim with a duckbill hammer and am having some difficulty.Do they have run flats in them and would it help to loosen the two piece wheel nuts first???
Thanks!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup. I'd pull the valve core first, then loosen the nuts that hold it together, then wail on it with the hammer.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
The tires are the downfall of the A3 in my opinion. I know , boy do I know. The tires and rim are a pain to deal with but when you put them all together correctly and with the right parts then you will be set. They have rust between the ring and rim ,RTV, O rings and whatever else they used to seal them. Take your time on the studs, I stripped one on my truck. Also when you put a New O ring and sealant back ,replace the grommet on the valve stem with a new rubber one just in case so a leak wont be from there.

Last edited:

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a 2 inch thick rubber that keeps the bead on. split the rim use a block to hold the tire up and push the rim down through, the rubber will slide off the rim with the tire. They stick and it will take some hamering but they will come off. Make sure when yo put it back on you line the valve stem up with the slot in the beadlock. Also if you have it apart I would replace the O-ring on the rim. Good luck

DUECE-COUPE

first off, you will have to remove the valve stem fitting, then the 90% angle brass fitting, then all the nuts holding the 2 halves together. this is best done with the rim on the truck aired down. this will hold the rim from turning. you WILL NOT beable to do this by hand unless you have a 3/4 impact. after you get the rim nuts REMOVED, raise the truck and remove the outer rim. this is best done with a pry bar and 2 pieces of 2x2 pine. place the pry bar near the lug nut wholes and pry the outer rim up. place the 2x2 between the outer rim and the inner rim. do this across the rim. now that you have the sections held apart, you can use the swing hammer to separate the bead. to get the back side separated, use 2 pieces of 4x4 12 inches long. place the face of the rim on it by flipping over the tire wheel combo and swing hammer the bead. use WD 40 or a soap solution to lube the tire. if you have any ? pm me and i will give you my # so you can call. good luck. p.s. when you go to put it all back together, you will need to make sure the grove in the run flat is lines up with the air inlet pipe. also you will need a 5 gallon bucket or similar item. place on the floor and drop the rim/tire over it. this will hold the rim off the ground so you can reseat the outer rim. if you dont do this, you WILL NOT get it remounted. have fun

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can a valve stem be put on if you want to eliminate the CTIS system? I have a set of HMMT valve stems and they look like they will work but I haven't taken one apart yet. Otherwise I was just going to put a valve on the end of the straight piece that runs through the ring to the outside of the rim.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks