• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Wheel to hub O rings

R Racing

I did a search and didn't turn up any part numbers or sizes. I'm doing a tire changeout this week and would love to have them in hand. Any help would be greatl appreciated !!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Wheel to hub O-rings? Not sure what you mean. Are you talking about something for the ctis? The air goes through one of the wheel studs. There is no O-ring between the wheel and hub.

dittle

The O-rings you are after are inside of the hub assy. There are 4 per hub. Don't have a p/n for you but call one of the surplus guys as they are more likely to have them.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.... OP said "tire changeout".... I think he meant the O-ring between wheel halves...?

If so, the part# is 12363606, NSN # 5331013147598

G.

Last edited:

R Racing

I have a tire with my ctis that loses air over night .after talking to and reading a few posts I was under the impression there was a o ring that goes bad at the wheels that causes this. Since Im changing out the tires I thought it be a great time to change the o rings and fix the 1 leak I have at the same time. Any help is appricated.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RR, do you have the TM 9-2320-386-24P? Figs. 117 & 118 show all O-rings and seals, hub to spindle. Front and rears are different.

G.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
.... OP said "tire changeout".... I think he meant the O-ring between wheel halves...?

If so, the part# is 12363606, NSN # 5331013147598

G.
Sounds to me like this is what you want. If you are putting new tires on, I would put new O-rings on all the rims.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget to replace the rubber grommets under the valve stem! Also, they need to be torqued to 45-60 Lb-ft. I find that they are more likely to leak than the wheel o-rings, probably because when touched, they disturb the seal.

R Racing

Got everything ordered ! Thanks guys ! Now need to find a Air assist cylinder. 2 bottles of air tool oil and its blowing air thru the cylinder when you turn left like wide open 90 psi :confused:

Monkeyboyarmy

The bad news is that many times water makes its way down to the o-ring sealing surfaces and rusts the sealing surfaces (especially with salt water environments). Takes some sanding,filling and painting to make a good sealing surface again.