• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 wheel weight

harry

Hello

Looking for 1 M35A3 wheel counter balance weight

a friend pointed out that I am missing one on rear wheel
maybe that caused some of the rear bounce ?

Thanks Harry

ah1955

I might be missing something here but I have to ask, what wheel weight are you refurring t. A wheel weight like would be hooked on the tire rim when a tire is balanced or a weight that would be welded to the brake drum when just the drum is balanced as some are when made.
Don't mean to sound dumb , forgive me if I misunderstood your question.

Nonotagain

Are you possibly missing the CTIS cover?

You know the large triangular cover that is mounted to the outside of the wheel.

Having not seen how much plumbing (mass) is under the cover, I can't imagine that any wheel could be in balance with a cover on, much less when one is missing.

ah1955

O.K. I did miss something very important, the A3. no wonder I was lost was not thinking about anything related to the CTIS. Sorry, but at least there are some guys out there that are on the ball and might be heading you in the right direction.

harry

I have cover and working CtIS but their is no counter weight , thinking some one changed out tire with spare , the spare has one ,would be nice to have one on all the weels

will be instering to see if make a difference when driving. I did about a 10 hour drive ,seemed like the back end would start this rymick bounce , and kept going till I slowed speed

breelanr

Harry,
If you need it, it's yours. Do you have the lock nut for it? Let me know where to send it.

What pressure are you running in the rears on your truck? I normally run 35psi without a load, this minimizes wheel hop on the road.
Ray

harry

tire pressure

hade set to hwy so they were pumped up

will try that next time

I have a load in it now will be going up north wensday,will see how rides

Harry