• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 wheel

breelanr

GL has 30 Michelin 14.5R20s at Red River Army Depot, TX. They look to have decent tread left, but they only posted one pic on the site. Maybe a group buy?

M1075

breelanr said:
GL has 30 Michelin 14.5R20s at Red River Army Depot, TX. They look to have decent tread left, but they only posted one pic on the site. Maybe a group buy?
I'm in for a few. Let me know if someone wants to take the lead on this.

area52

I had asked someone to go inspect these tires because the description wasn't matching the description at the bottem of the page. They haven't gotten back to me yet, but I would like to go in on this also if we could figure something out.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
breelanr said:
builder77 said:
3. 11.00-20s are almost the same height as the 14.5R20s. You can use a 5-ton speedo adapter and have a fairly accurate speedometer.
The 5-ton axles are 6.44 ratio vs the 6.72 for the deuce. You can get the adapter for the singles version of the deuce and have an exact speedo reading.

Nice truck BTW and my tire wear is the same as you noted, about 1/32 per 1,000 miles (1100-20 NDCC's).

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
If those tires turn out to be good, and someone wants to run a GB on those tires I would be interested. I would think that pickup at Aberdeen would be a good idea for many here.

breelanr

area52 said:
I had asked someone to go inspect these tires because the description wasn't matching the description at the bottem of the page. They haven't gotten back to me yet, but I would like to go in on this also if we could figure something out.
Wade,
Any chance you heard anything back on the inspection of these?

I went back to the Item Manifest and it shows 20ea 11.00-20s and 10ea 14.5R20s. There are 20 Michelins in the picture, and this was the only lot of 14.5R20s at the site. If the Manifest is right...there's enough for 1 truck.

I'm 800 miles away, is there someone close enough to verify the lot quantity and condition before we commit?

breelanr

cranetruck said:
Nice truck BTW and my tire wear is the same as you noted, about 1/32 per 1,000 miles (1100-20 NDCC's).
Bjorn,
Thanks for the good words, many of your write-ups have been used on my truck. I've always thought your cranetruck was the most "practical" truck around.

houdel

Here are a couple of guys on Epay selling the monster super singles. The first one is a guy named Rodney, I know several guys here in MI who have bought from him and are satisfied. If you can do a group buy in your area, Rodney will deliver them personally at a pretty decent price. Don't know about the second guy, just caught his ad on Epay when I was doing a search.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=120040927236&rd=1,1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=190063957876&rd=1,1

area52

breelanr said:
area52 said:
Wade,
Any chance you heard anything back on the inspection of these?

I went back to the Item Manifest and it shows 20ea 11.00-20s and 10ea 14.5R20s. There are 20 Michelins in the picture, and this was the only lot of 14.5R20s at the site. If the Manifest is right...there's enough for 1 truck.

I'm 800 miles away, is there someone close enough to verify the lot quantity and condition before we commit?
I pm'd the guy, he is supposed to go look on Monday. there is a lot with 14.'s in it also that I requested he look at because the description is off. Maybe between the two we all can work something out? I need 7 of em.

area52

tires

houdel said:
Here are a couple of guys on Epay selling the monster super singles. The first one is a guy named Rodney, I know several guys here in MI who have bought from him and are satisfied. If you can do a group buy in your area, Rodney will deliver them personally at a pretty decent price. Don't know about the second guy, just caught his ad on Epay when I was doing a search.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=120040927236&rd=1,1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=190063957876&rd=1,1
that first guy listed gave me a quote of $700 for 6 ea 14r20's - 4 new recaps and 2 at %70 but the shipping killed me at $700. He is south of Atlanta if someone is closer.

houdel

RE: tires

Wade - Best bet with Rodney is to get a couple of local folks and do a mini-group buy. He charges mostly by mileage for shipping, if you can find a few other folks in your area who want tires, the price per tire goes way down.

rdixiemiller

RE: tires

I am a little over 125 miles from him. If anyone wants to buy some, I can get them to Aberdeen. I'll have my deuce, and can throw the M105 on behind if needed.
I have a PM in to him for some 14.50R20's as we speak.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PWM said:
I have done numerous searches but could not find anything. Does ne know the backspacing of the M35A3 wheel, I looks to me like 8 or 9 inches.
Thanks Pete

Sorry, been out for some time, just saw this...

Backspacing is exactly the same as stock deuce wheel: 10.5", A3 rims are 11" wide.

I found 3(!) at Barstow's but left them there ($$$$$)! At least I could take home all possible measurements..., and man, are they heavy!! :eek:

Gerhard

Attachments

rdixiemiller

Re: RE: tires

rdixiemiller said:
I am a little over 125 miles from him. If anyone wants to buy some, I can get them to Aberdeen. I'll have my deuce, and can throw the M105 on behind if needed.
I have a PM in to him for some 14.50R20's as we speak.
Make that 75 miles away. He is Phenix City Al. Just about an hour and a half away.

PWM

Thanks for the measurements. I am waiting for a price quote from Boyce Equipment for some one piece 10x20, I will probably go with 9 inches of backspacing if I can afford them.

yorkgulch2

I got a quote for 1 piece of about $310 from boyce a while back with flat centers. I ordered some from stazworks for about $350 2 piece with pressed centers. John said it would be sometime after the new year before I got them nothing yet but would rather have them good than fast! Also they have o rings. USA6x6 has flat centers for about $225 and sealed 2 piece with silicon. Thats the best price on a 2 piece. MTR or MTW in Arkansas has one piece for about $210 with flat center. I went with staz to get the closest to stock look.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I had so much raw material (stock wheels) laying around, almost for nothing and could sell for those prices (!), I'd already started a regular production of 10 to 12 inch wide wheels with "original look" centers, two piece, tubeless !, balanced and perfectly round! :wink:

They would look like this:

Attachments