• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 wheels

goodguyzy

Im getting ready to make a purchase of new A3 wheels (10) total. (4) for bobbed deuce and (6) to single out a 6x6. (spares will stay stock) Is $300 a decent price for new wheels? Kept on eye out for a few months and seems fair, not a steal, but fair. Tires to be 46" tall Mich. from 100dollar man. Does anyone locally (s. oregon, c.oregon, or very n. cal) need any to piggy back on the order to share shipping cost?
thanks

M1075

Yeah, seems fair to me based on recent sales at GL Ohio. You do know that those wheels are not designed for the 46" tires, right?

goodguyzy

no i did not, for some reason i thought that what the A3 came with, i still have a lot to learn. what tires can you use on those rims?

503m715

I am using 395s on m35a3 wheels and have not had any problems. I did modify some of the newer style metal beadlocks out of 5 ton wheels to use with them. (I widend them 1 1/4")

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
From what I have read, no. The mpt tire on a Hemtt rim puts extra stresses on the tire where it shouldn't. I have only read this, I have not worked with them. I don't trust any 14.50 tires cause they came from the A3 trucks with CTIS. We all know how much of a POS the CTIS is. Because the tires go flat and sit flat for SO LONG, it is my opinion that the tires fail. If you do a search for 14.50 tires you will find MANY members here have experienced them failing, often having large chunks of sidewall blow out.

goodguyzy

after much consideration i have decided to go with the HEMTT rims, any advice on where to get them? i have seen a few at different places. some advertise "not dot approved" while others advertise a "high tech" centering process.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks