• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Won't Turn Over

DIESEL PULLER

In the cab, when I turn the battery accessory switch on and hold the starter switch to the left, there is power to different things in the cab but no power to the starter/ solenoid. It will turn over if I jump the starter to the solenoid. The shifter is in neutral. I disconnected the two wires on the transmission. I believe it is the transmission safety switch. I took an ohm reading and it shows OL, its open, not closed. Where is the circuit breaker that runs from the battery accessory switch to the starter relay located? Also, where is the battery switch? Is the starter relay on the firewall on passenger side? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Kdoghb

I am pretty much having the same issues as you on my 2008 1151A I have trouble shot. There should be a 15amp (red) breaker behind the passenger seat. i just pulled mine and tested ohms seems fine put i cannot push in or out. I have all electrical turning on but nothing to my starter form the start switch. I feel your pain bro. Does your red circuit breaker cycle at all?

87cr250r

If there is no drop there is nothing happening. In that case do be suspect of the pilot side of the circuit, the signal to the starter relay.

HDN

If it's the transmission safety switch, I believe you should still hear a click every time you turn the engine start switch. A couple times I've had to shift my truck out of neutral to a different gear then back to neutral to get it to turn over. I think my transmission safety switch might be sticking open sometimes, or it didn't seat into the closed open position right when I shifted the truck to neutral to park. I've never actually looked at it myself so I'm not sure. My 2cents anyway.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks