• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3c Info

rwonsala

I have bought a M35A3C from GL and love it, but i would like to find out more on the CTIS. If there is anyone who REALLY knows about it, please let me know. Also has anyone had a problem with the tach? It seems my magnetic speed sensor has gone bad after i cleaned the motor. Anyone know how to diagnose.

One more item, does anyone know if a pioneer rack was ever installed on a A3???

_____________________________________________________________________________________

M35A3C
M105A2

DUECE-COUPE

i have a Printed 10 manual if you want it, the mag sensor probably got moved and is not close enough to give a reading, I was in the Supply NCO in one of the first units in FLARNG to get the A3 and don't remember the pioneer rack being installed, that being said, it will still fit in the original location, since the A3 tire rack was modified to move the tire rearward and down to accommodate the 14.50x20 tire and rim. As for the CTIS, the system is a quagmire of sensors, air lines and seals that make it a weak link in the vehicle, we disconnected it and put a block off plate on the control box.. problem solved!!!!

rwonsala

I have checked the magnetic speed sensor for the gap between the flywheel and the bottom of the sensor. It has about .050 gap and it is not working. I found a new one with a price tag of 234.00 plus shipping.:cry: Should i get it or do you have another source.

todds112

Ouch. Is there a way to test the sensor to rule out a bad connection/wire, or the tach itself? Is the sensor used to control engine/tranny functions? If so, and the truck runs fine otherwise, it's probably not the sensor.

Just thinking out loud. I don't know anything about A3's...other than I want one.;-)

tm america

is it a two or three wire sensor ?if its a two wire it should produce an ac signal and can be tested with a multimeter at idle it will give a low ac signal and the reading should go up steady as the rpms go up,if no signal try adjusting it if still no signal the sensor is bad ,if you are getting an ac signal you have a wiring problem or a bad tach