• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3C Pricing

rwonsala

I am new to the MV world and i was wondering after seeing todays GL prices if i got a good deal? I have a 1996 M35A3C with 9000 miles and a winch as pictured. how much should i have paid?

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 1996 M35A3C with 9000 miles and a winch as pictured. how much should i have paid?
Hello and congratulations!

My considered reply is that you should have paid what you thought it was worth to you. Did you do that or are you seeking confirmation/solace/comparisons?

Rick

davidkroberts

depends on where you bought it and when, i bid on ones similar that went for 4500-5500 or so without buyers premium. most i looked at needed some stuff but nothing a good afternoon and a fresh credit card couldnt fix.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the above but i was wondering why so many people prefer the A2's?
1. They look ugly with their nose stuck up in the air.
2. A3 specific parts are hard to find.
3. The engines in the A3s wasn't the best engine Cat ever made (still a desent engine though).
4. The CTIS is nothing but problems.
5. A3s cost alot more than A3s.
6. Engine and trans problems cost alot more to fix.
7. Did I mention they were ugly? :-D

All that being said, I'd still love to own one if they would drop in price a few thousand.

Last edited:

saddamsnightmare

March 18th, 2010.

Congratulations on your win. A3's are A3's.... If they run fine, but as more A2's were built, the A2's have a better chance of having a parts supply in the long term. I was never fond of the CTIS system, the Russian trucks have a better, more reliable system. And unless the truck has Operation Iraqi Freedom operational history, it probably can't be proven what the history of the two mother A2's were that were used for the truck's manufacture.
Other then that, you probably will be pleased with your truck, and that is how it should be.... If you're in Texas with it, drop on by, I'd be pleased to compare notes on them (A2 and A3). To use Fat Bastard's comment "Everybody prefers their own brand!!";)

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:D

Heavysteven

I would say you got a deal if i had the money i would have jumped all over that. I would love to own an M35AC with Winch. They look great and i love CAT diesel engines. The price is out of my range for now and I am happy with the A2.

I agree that parts for the A2 are cheap and easy to get from many dealer and members.

Must be nice to have power steering, auto tranny, and hydrualic winch. You A3 guys are spoiled..:nothingfunny:

Blood_of_Tyrants

A2 deuce from GL : $1500
Old bus with 5.9L Cummins engine and Allison tranny : $2000
46" tires mounted on standard rims (with tubes) : $1000
Miscellaneous (winch, paint, 12v conversion): $1000.
Scrap value of old bus:- $500

Total: $5000 for one bad deuce.

dozer1

To me it sounds like the price you paid is right in line with what I have been seeing on GL lately. Around the mid eights for an A3 w/w. Nice truck and congradulations. I am also new to mv's and initially was bidding on A3'S but wound up going the A2 route due to the price and parts availability. Who knows, maybe an A3 sometime in the future. Depends on how bad this "green virus" can fester up.:jumpin: