• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3c won't run after storage (???)

kawhill

Greetings,

M35A3C with Cat 3116 engine sat for six months without running. Cranked it and it lit and started immediately. After about
ten seconds began to sputter and then died. Pulled fuel filter and it was dry. I've read the TM's and the posts here, but don't
know where to start checking. Obviously no fuel to filter. Machine is stock from GL with original Kevlar fuel hoses. I don't know,
air leak in fuel lines from tank? Any info that could be provided that would help me get this beast running before winter would
be most appreciated. Best regards.

Kawhill

Last edited by a moderator:

kawhill

Thanks much steelandcanvas and warthog. Clean check valve and pressurize tank. Runs like a striped ape. Thanks
and you have my best regards.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The check valve is on top of the fuel tank on the M35A3

Item #24 in the diagram

Check Valve.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks