• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M36 again -

rflegal

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guy, long time, no chat. Well, I'm back at the M36 again - been busy with a 1959 Britich Ford Anglia... about to go to paint. Anyway, bought the M36 about a year ago still don't have it regged. No data plate. M36 - 142046 is on the frame. OA331 6 cylinder gasses. It was overhauled according to the tag on the drivers seat in 63. The front axle is stamped with a 66 date (no tags). Front wheels carry a 65 and 66 date stamp so I'm inclined to think the front axle was swapped out. The mid axle is 57 and the rear says 53 (also both no tags, just stamping). The casting date on the tranny is 10-9-52. The engine has a REO MOTORS INC. tag on it, serial #, no date. I am prepared to try and register this as a 1953 REO manufactured M36. I recall someone on this forum having a 53 REO M45 with a 11XXXX frame # so I think I'm close. Anyone have a frame number close to mine (I'm assuming numbers are unique to manufacturer and sequential?). Does this sound reasonable. I have no idea how the New Mexico MVD is gonna handle this. I know I have to get a bond, field inspection etc because I do not have a title. Help.
Thanks
Bob

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Don't know if this helps but, I have a 1952 REO m45 with what appears to be the original data plates never overhauled. Mine has 114049 stamped on the data plate as well as the frame.
Same OA331 motor also tagged REO.

area52

rflegal - off topic, but where at in New Mexico are you? Let me know how it goes with the DMV as far as the title chase goes, I am hoping to purchase another deuce soon, maybe from GL with no title.
good luck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
REO couldn't keep up with production in the mid 50s and needed help.Continental was contracted to produce the OA331. Those produced by Continental were classified as the COA331. More useless trivia from yours truely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks