• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M36 Survivor

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Came across this M36 “A0” on Craigslist and went to look at it today. If it’s a survivor it’s on advanced life support though. It’s a 1961 White with the OA331 gasoline engine. It was winch equipped until someone whacked off the frame, but the entire whacked winch comes with the truck, what there is of it. All sheet metal is rusted out and the back 12” of the frame included bumperettes is whacked off too. Former Calvert, TX brush truck. Not many gas M36s around, anyone crazy enough to restore this one? See “Craigslist Houston military”.

Attachments

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahh memories..... when I left NJ in 2010 I ended up scrapping a complete M36 with the gasser...... I had several people come look at it and they all balked at the fact that it was gas. When the lease was up on my NJ yard, I pulled the pto,winch,rear driveshaft,and hard top and tow barred it to the scrap yard. A real shame but at the time, I could not justify dragging it 1500 miles west.

Z

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did have another m36 that was an a2 with the multifuel. It was a running truck that did make the journey out west, and ironically, ended up back in NJ with its new owner about 6 years later. Had I known that, I would have stashed it in NJ and saved myself the fuel cost.

Z

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks