• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M36a2 bed

MILRET45

Thanks, I just bought a NOS bow/cover kit in the box and it came with six bows and I'm trying to figure out what it was packed for. I haven't unrolled the cover but I'm assuming it will be too big for my M35a2.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Six bows come in a standard 5-ton kit with the 14ft bed versus the 12ft bed of the deuce. If it is 3-piece kit (cover and separate end curtains) you can use the cover, but it'll just be a foot longer on each end than a deuce kit. Looks kind of funny, but still usable. If it's one-piece, it won't fit.

MILRET45

I did a little more searching on the shipping crate and found the PN tag showing 2540-00-121-9082, Accessory Kit, vehicle. Ran it up on Google and comes back as kit for drop side bed with camo cover. Apparently the dropside uses six bows I guess.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm relatively sure my M36A2 only has places for six bows on the driver's side. there are seven places on the passenger side, with two up front (one in the hinged side and one in front of that. Roll out your top and see how long it is. M35 = 12 ft, 5 ton = 13-14 ft, M36 = 17 ft.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well mine ( M36A2) has 8 bows. Two of which are next to each other at the center, due to the passenger side having two sections (Drop Sides)
and my cargo cover has Seven places with re-enforcement for bows ( the center one covering the two bows that are next to each other.
While I've never looked closely at a M35A2C (drop side) I'll guess it has two bows up next to each other in the middle also.

papercu

M35A2C has a 12' bed with a one piece dropside, no need for a extra bow. 2540-00-121-9082 is for a 14 foot 5 ton dropside truck. Wayne
BTW the vinyl cover should be the one piece type.

Last edited:

jasonjc

They pop up cheap from time too time. I got a new 1 pice 3 color for about $100. No one eles bid on it on e bay. That was 2 years ago thought.

deuce

I just bought six sets of new bows and covers for a m36a2 (PN 11672525), I'm picking them up some time this week. Let me know if you would like to buy one of them.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought six sets of new bows and covers for a m36a2 (PN 11672525), I'm picking them up some time this week. Let me know if you would like to buy one of them.
I was gonna bid on one of those lots.....
Curious as to the color of the tops, just green or 3 color Nato, tan??
I might be interested in one of the kits, if cover is just green, and your profit margin is reasonable.
Would also be interested in just a set bows, and curious as to the qty of bows in the kit. The GL pic showed just 7 I think. Mine has 8.

Mine has a 3 color top & I have the paint to go 3 color on the truck, but I could go all Vietnam era green too..............

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks