• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M36A3 with trailer in the snow

Hoefler

Built a new hitch for my truck that allows me to haul tractor and materials to a remote site I own. Sunday was the day to try it out.
Truck has a new heavy duty receiver hitch with aluminum drop ball set up. This set up keeps the hitch up and out of harms way. I have purchased a 24 volt to 12 volt Mil to Civ trailer adapter and tried it out as well-worked perfect. Just plugged it in and everything works (except no trailer brakes).
We had a very heavy March like snowfall here in Minnesota that laid on top of hard pack ice and snow. Truck tracked fine, even with trailer. There is a tendency for the back to try and swap with the front. Was working in the back woods when it hit, and was surprised at how fast it accumulated. The road back to my project is un improved, yet the A3 handled coming out to main road with ease. Had to be in 6 x 6 however. Enjoy.
Pete

IMG_2863.jpgIMG_2870.jpgIMG_2874.jpgIMG_2871.jpgIMG_2873.jpgIMG_2858.jpgIMG_2867.jpgIMG_2866.jpg

Hoefler

Hello,
I got it from a guy named Mike Waldon (405-820-1862). He charged me 225 bucks. One end plugs into truck-the other end has the Pollack multi pin trailer connector for civilian trailer. It worked and seems to be cheaper than other options. Its well made too.
His email address is mikew@crtonline.com
Pete