• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 100 amp generator--seeking information

ODAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There seems to be very little information on the subject generator.

I'd be interested in hearing some opinions borne of experience. Also, are the large cables available anywhere?

Thanks for your help.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a mil troubleshooting guide available. The system is very reliable as long as you replace the ancient selenium rectifier with the newer type with discrete diodes. The system makes a cool growling sound. The cables are out there. If you have the selenium rectifier and it fails, the alternator will lock rotor and burn the belts off, ask me how I know.

Guyfang

Staff member
If the selenium rectifier ever burns up on you, you will smell rotten eggs. This is a sign to move sharply away from the truck, as the fumes are poisonous.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks