• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Amp Gage Installation

samsays

I am trying to install an amp gage on a 1963b after buying vehicle i check and found the gage was not hook up. This vehicle was converted to 12 volts and has a generator. Any suggestion ?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
B1's did not have ammeters. You will have to run a pair of new wires from your new gauge to the starter area for your connections.

samsays

I think its a B2 ill have to check.. The owner before me did a frame off restoration this is one of the things he left unfinished. I have a copy of TM i think it shows a amp gage ill check this AM..My concern was having a 12 generator instead of a alternator

dmetalmiki

It does not matter whether its alternator or generator, Run a "fat" (capable) cable from battery positive through an ammeter TO the "work" = vehicle load main supply, and you will have a display of AMPS drawn and voltage correction coming from the charging 'source' when lights and accessories are used..or not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks