• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Boarding Ladder

MatthewH

Was there a boarding ladder for the M37, similar to what the Duece has? I'm looking to build one for the M37 I'm working on, for ease of getting into the bed.
If so, anybody have any pics? Would like to have it look somewhat authentic is possible.
What about a mount, or did it just "float" in the bed?
Thanks in advance
MatthewH

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have owned a few boarding ladders that were steel 4-step, that might have been useful on a M37. I doubt they were used on the -37, but the height was right.

Attachments

135gmc

I think the most common boarding ladder for the M37 was the ladder designed for use with the S250 shelters. It was designed to hook over the horizontal tailgate. Take a look at the shelter TMs for the shelters, and the lladders will show up. Some were carried in a clamp in the shelter, and some were carried in a rack that went on the rear of the shelter

Attachments

MatthewH

Matthew,

This is Rick's truck, he has a handrail on his but I have seen many without. IMG_3190

The ones that I saw were not mounted to the truck for transport, they just layed in the bed.

Bert
Thats exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

I figured I'd make mine out of Alum, and have it mount either on the outer bed side or the outside of the tailgate, incorporating the mounts into the tailgate I already built. That way when Veterns or a load of kids are riding, they don't have to deal with it sliding around or taking up space.

I'll post some pics when I get it built. May take a couple of weeks, as I still have to remount the bed to use it as a mock up for a good height.

1943ht

Ladder

135GMC is correct .. the ladder came with the shelter as part of the BII (Basic Issue Items) I have a similar ladder for my M37/ 42 Command Truck .. Picked it up on E-Bay for pretty cheap .. it was in great condition and looks like it was never issued out for use.

My dash has the installation plate for the 42 Version stating that the plate was to be removed when the communications components were recovered (obviously not done) .. I am using my vehicle as a straight M37.

Most deuces and five tons did not come with ladders as they are generally not part of a trucks BII. Often purchased with unit funds or as part of "recon" :) operations from another unit.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
135GMC is correct .. the ladder came with the shelter as part of the BII (Basic Issue Items) I have a similar ladder for my M37/ 42 Command Truck .. Picked it up on E-Bay for pretty cheap .. it was in great condition and looks like it was never issued out for use.

My dash has the installation plate for the 42 Version stating that the plate was to be removed when the communications components were recovered (obviously not done) .. I am using my vehicle as a straight M37.

Most deuces and five tons did not come with ladders as they are generally not part of a trucks BII. Often purchased with unit funds or as part of "recon" :) operations from another unit.

Gosh...how soon we forget Marc...the correct term is "Transfer of Accountability!":beer:

stuinnh

Ladder also for CUCV

Actually, the ladder also fits CUCV. It ties to the rear tie downs with hooks to keep it from pulling away from the truck. Works with the tailgate up and down. Very light weight aluminum. I'm gonna sell mine since I don't camp anymore and I am taking troop seats out. It was helpful for the wife and kids though. Good luck with making one. :)

Was there a boarding ladder for the M37, similar to what the Duece has? I'm looking to build one for the M37 I'm working on, for ease of getting into the bed.
If so, anybody have any pics? Would like to have it look somewhat authentic is possible.
What about a mount, or did it just "float" in the bed?
Thanks in advance
MatthewH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks