• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m37 cab top install

6x6pinz

As our project nears completion I am trying to fit the canvas top on my son's truck. Does anyone have a clear picture or instructions on how the rope is tied off.
Project update
truck is on road all lights working but the oil pressure gauge does not seem to work. Installed a temporary mechanical gauge to watch engine until I get new sensor
water temperatrue gauge does not appear to be working either and I suspect again the sensor is bad.
We have made new oak wood pieces for bed and rear canvas supports and just need to drill holes for bolts.
still need to acquire pioneer tools for rack
Once we get the mechanical bugs worked out it is off to paint and then the trails.
The horn was a bit tricky as I could not find the isolator for the horn wire. I had to make one our of a rubber grommet plug, the horn works fine now.

Saturday is my son's 16th birthday so he is excited that he can drive it to show it off to his friends.

acetomatoco

Go to TM 9-8030 and the section 265 Cab Top Cover and Related Parts.. Which I know you have been studying in bed for weeks now. I would suggest that on your instruments you just ground the sender wire and see if the gauge goes to full scale.. that will tell you if your sender is bad.. I would suspect the ground on your instruments.

6x6pinz

I will have to check out the ground. One of the best investments we made on the truck was the wiring set from Vintage wiring of Maine. A lot of the troubles we had before we started disappeared when the new wiring was installed. I also put in all new switches to make sure there would be no electrical issues. We have been enjoying driving the truck around town and all seems to be running great. My son is already talking about taking it out for its first off road adventure.

MSG Rusty

I finaly figured out how to do it the easy way for new non streched canvas.

Follow the sop all the way , right up until where you insert the clipl into the last side. ( door fram top ).
Remove the 2 bolts from the front of the fram to the windshield. Pivot the door frame top into the cab. slip in the metal clips and then useing rachet tie downs or a small come along , pull the bracket with the canvas attached back into position. Replace the blots, tie down the back rope and put the top straps in place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks