• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Clutch replacement

Charlie 6

Looking at replacing the clutch in my M37, anyone have time saving tips they can share? Best method to do this?
I don't have a clutch alignment tool, can I use one from auto zone or something else?

Al Harvey

Resurface the flywheel while it's out. Not sure but you might be able to get an alignment tool from a parts store for a dodge powerwagon with the same engine and trans.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Charlie,

Do like Al said and get the flywheel surfaced. This will allow you to bench assemble the pressure plate and disk. (You will need to take them back apart for the install but at least you can check heights, READ BELOW)

Check your pilot bushing and replace if needed. I would order a new throw out bearing (Fed/Mog 2065)
NAPA has the alignment tool.

Read your TM:
TM 9-1840A covers this on page 119

The proper distance from the flywheel to the top of the release fingers is 1.9375" +/- .031"

You have to adjust the eye bolt nuts and then stake them after adjusting.

Hope this helps,
Bert

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks