• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 connector compatibility

ton10291

It's my understanding that there were 2 types of electrical connectors used on M37s.My question is are the 2 types compatible? My truck has the earlier metal shell type but a lot of surplus that I see offered is of the rubber type and I'm wondering if I can use those too or if I have to stick to the metal type?

vtdeucedriver

no you dont but it is nice to try. You have the metal douglas connectors. If you want to go that far you can cut off the douglas connector and put on a rubber end, that way you are water tight and it wont come off. In my resto, the only area that I might need to do this is the fuel sender. That is if my origional does not come back to life.

JBizal

Parts

The other option is buy the parts from a dealer that supplies the correct parts rather than just take your money. There are several good choices out there. $$ is not everything.
John

ton10291

Thanks for the responses. I understand and respect the opinion that historical integrity is important but I'm not doing a restoration here just trying to keep my truck from starting on fire :shock: so I was just wondering if I had to worry about which style connector was on the parts that I need or if the 2 types would co-exist that's all.

I agree John that $$ isn't everything but to keep peace in the family I try to keep my 'recreational' spending to a minimum when I can. Don't get me wrong... I wear the pants in my family but only because Mrs P says that I can. :oops:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks