• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m37 crankcase ventilation

just me

You can see the components in the TM's and parts manual. It isn't a complicated system. Port in the block to the pcv valve to the fording valve and then the intake manifold. There is a line from the snorkel to the oil fill for inlet air.

exoilfld

There is a connection on the intake manifold, a crankcase breather connection with a steel tubing on it, a connection on the oil filler, 2 connections on the distributor, and 2 connections on the fuel pump; and I understand there is supposed to be a metering valve somewhere. I have 2 manuals for the m37, but they do not show how all those connections tie together. Plus, I have not even put the carb air breather stuff on yet. thanks

just me

exoifld, All that stuff is part of waterproofing and fording, but the PCV system is just two parts. The line from the hole in the curbside rear of the block to the PCV valve, and then thruogh the fording valve to the center of the intake under the carb. And from the extension elbow (Snorkle) to the oil filler is a metal tube for filtered air into the block. That is the extent of the crankcase ventilation. The dist, master cylinder, fuel tank vents are part of fording. The lines from the bottom half of the fuel pump are for the vacuum wipers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks