• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Drivers seat adjustment sliders

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spent quite a while searching the archives and don't find this info....
The plywood base of the drivers seat was completely rotted. I was able to get all the rusty carriage bolts out from around the edge of the plywood. When trying to get the nuts off of the studs that hold the slider tracks on, half of the studs broke off.
I could see that I needed to slide the two pieces of each adjuster rail apart, in order to fab and install new studs. I was able to get the first track apart, there was a top slider, a bottom slider, two big ball bearing type balls and one long, flat, spring piece that appears to tension and guide the balls. I modified some carriage bolts to replace the broken studs and got them secured into the track. Now, I need to put it back together and the balls don't want to go back between the track sliders.
Has anyone else had these tracks apart? Does anyone have an expanded view parts drawing?
I would appreciate guidance on this.
Doug

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you don't find an exploded view of these, let me know and I will post some pictures of my sliders. I have a set sitting on the shelf, and if you can describe what you would like to see, I'll try to get you some photos.

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Storm51. My M37 lived in the Seattle area for years! Then moved it to Alaska, now to NE Oregon. I am afraid that pics of the outside won't show what I need to see. I did get the balls back between the upper and lower tracks, but I know I did not get it together correctly. On the track that I did not take apart, I can see the balls, right near the end, on both ends. anyhow, I will keep looking for an exploded view or see if I can pick someones brain at VPW. Stay dry.....
Doug

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks