• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 fuel pump rebuild help

junking

Rebuilding a fuel pump for my 1952 m37. How in the world do you reconnect the diaphragms to the actuating rods?

Busted the stem of my new vacuum diaphragm and bent the old one.

Thank you

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Tuko

Bypass it using a 4psi 24v facet is the best way. But anyway are you sure you have the right diaphragm?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is rather tricky to get it to fit just right. I rebuilt one awhile ago and there were a lot of nasty works spoken during the assembly. The best I can offer is to have the rod inside up as high as it can go and angle the rod in on the diaphragm. You could file the hole a bit bigger but then there is the risk of it coming off during highspeed operation.

NAM VET

I put on a backing plate to cover my fuel pump's site, and installed a Facet 24 V marine pump way back on the inside of my frame. I have pictures of it, if you are interested. Have 3 PSI at my carb, truck runs fine. Have it running thru a dash aircraft toggle. Got it from Pegasus Auto racing.

NAM VET

junking

Thanks everyone. Still no luck. Hoping to keep as stock as possible. May buy a rebuid.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

junking

Finally got the pump back together. Reinstalling the vacuum diaphragm was real PITA. For those interested, this is what finally worked for me:

Vacuum diaphragm hook up to actuator rod:

1) I the diaphragm, spring, and center body assembly in a vice to squeeze it all together. I have a piece of wood with a hole with center rod in the hole and against the vice jaw.
2) with diaphragm spring about 80% compressed, I cocked the diaphram to slant away from where the actuator lever would be.
3) I inserted the lever assy down into the body guiding it into the diaphragm opening by looking through hole in fuel side
4) using a flat screw driver or pointed hook, I manipulated the actuator in place and realigned the angled diaphragm
5) it went back together and I did the happy dance.

My rebuild kit came with three flat diaphragms for the fuel side. Can anyone tell me if I am suppose to use one or three. Exploded view shows only one but many others have there.

Plan to reinstall this weekend.

Thanks