• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Hardware

PW2020

Need help! Started resto/mod of my M37 and am trying to find a list of the hardware used on these vehicles. Vendor and or supliers would be helpful also. Anyone? Looked through most TMs with no luck.

Canadianz

Hi,
Most of the hardware is all fine thread, with some exceptions. If you find yourself a parts manual, it is pretty good at listing most nuts bolts etc.
You will find that not everything is listed, but between the parts manual and the service manuals 98% is covered.
Midwest military is a good source of parts,
Vintage power wagons also has a lot

Many other vendors of m-series parts also carry items that cross to the m37, such as lights, switches etc.

Now, let’s see some pictures!
Cheers
Rob

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site!

Try these:
Depending what you are looking for, you may have to use several suppliers.

If you haven’t joined the MVPA, you should. They publish a magazine, History in Motion, that has ads from several suppliers. Let us know what you find.

Canadianz

Looks like a good truck to start with! Doesn’t appear to have a lot of rust and looks pretty complete. It has an odd spare tire mount though. I guess someone needed extra space in the bed at some point.
What are your plans for it? You mentioned a restomod.
Cheers
Rob

PW2020

Not completely sure but morr power is definitely in store. Already workn the body and removed the seat structures.

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not completely sure but morr power is definitely in store. Already workn the body and removed the seat structures.
You might check with uglytruckling to see if they have any of Ray's old 318 mounts (assuming you're going with a 318 Chrysler). And, just a thought, more go definitely deserves more whoa on these trucks - check to see if they're still selling their disc brake conversion kits. I've installed both and have been very pleased with quality products.

PW2020

What did u use for a transmission and how did u connect to the trasfer case. Like the option to stop but was leaning on new axels until driving a converted truck with the 318 yesterday. Do u still have the 5.83s in yoir diffs?

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still have the 5.83s, yes. Works out well running 1100x16 Michelins XZLs. Running chromoly axle shafts. In my experience, shearing stock axle shafts, while not everyday, did happen a couple of times to me.

Tranny and transfer case divorced, making use of short shaft between them. I put an NP435 in mine, but there're folks running automatics too.

You're going to spend some coin getting it bulletproofed, but you'll have a lot of fun along the way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks