• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37/M56 radiator.....What are my alternatives?

MajRJO1967

The radiator out of my M56 is spewing fluid from the middle column (it never leaks from somewhere accessable!). When I drained it, there was a lot of rust and redish fluid. Nusure if my tanks are bad as well as the core. I figure I might have two options. 1. Get original rad recored. 2. Look for a replacement radiator....newer...that will fit, or fit close enough with minor modification.

1. Does anyone know a radiator shop in New England (New Hampshire preferrably) who can recore these radiators...and an idea of the cost.

2. I saw somewhere Toyota Cruiser FJ 40 radiators work with minor mod (couple of holes for the bolts). Does anyone have experience with using this type, or another type of radiator. If so, do you know a part number I can research? (FYI, when I looked at the FJ 40 rads on line, the hose to rad inlet is on the left. Both of my hoses are on the right. Top tight is a 2" od. Bottom right is 1 1/2 OD.

MajRJO1967

Well, I got it recored...for almost $270 cheaper than the first guy! There is a guy on the NH coast who used to do radiators, but now does sandblasting for a living, but loves to work on old vehicle radiators. He didn't bat an eyelid when I brought it into him. He asked for a couple days to research the core, called me up and hit me with a price almost $270 cheaper than the other guy! I put it in the truck last week, threw in some flushing fluid, get it up to running temp a few days this week (no leaks!) and will change out the fluid this weekend (maybe tonight) with normal antifreeze mix. If you want to check this guy out, let me PM me and I'll give you his info. BTW, I told him how much the other guy wanted for th ejob, and he not only came in lower, but almost $270 lower....even though he could have easily asked more for the job. THanks for all th ehelp and advice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks