• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 need some help info for parts

desert demon

Hey every one here.My name is Scott.Awsome site here:-D I just recently got me a 1953 M37.I live in Salt Lake UT.So far i know i need batteries,plugs,rebuild for distributor,windshield wiper motor,There is some rewireing some one has done and the wires are all red and yellow:roll:This should be the fun part to finger out:cookoo:With the plugs out and i turn the motor by hand there is no noise coming out of the plug holes.How do i find top dead center?When i got it the plugs and distributor was taken out all ready.Little confused on this part.I am staying with the twenty four volt system.And of course my lovely wife has me on a budget as im sure we all are this day and time.Any comeents for parts or info would be great and if any one else needs help and info that i mite be able to help with i will do the same.Thx

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Batteries: group 55 are the closest to the originals. The #1 spark plug hole will give a big whoosh when you hold your finger over it, when you crank with the starter. The dist only goes in one way. If you have everything reassembled correctly, the spark will occur at the same time as the whoosh, if you leave the plug out and connected to the waterproof cable. Visit the excellent Vintage Power Wagons.com site for lots of help and great advice and parts support.

Your Dodge looks like a great truck to fix up!

desert demon

Thanks for the info.Its been a long time since i have had a chance to tinker like i use to in my teen years.I was thinking it would go woosh just by turning with hands.Starter thing makes more since.Just need to get the brain jump started again lol.Thanks for the welcome note.This is an awsome site for this kind of hobby.Hope ya all have a great week.

Oddball-CmK

Distributor.

Hello Scott,

Other than what's been said already, G503.com also has a powerwagon forum, and http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/forums/index.php might also be another helpful resource.

I have a rebuilt distributor I don't need, $125 (+shipping) if interested. PM me for details/pictures if interested!

I also have more parts listed over at G741.org, too. A site mentioned already, very resouceful.

Thanks,
Cordell

desert demon

Hi Cordell.Thanks for the info.I am interested in the didstributor ya got.Sounds like a great deal.I will send ya private email with my number.Thanks Scott

mattveeder

Midwest is the best for parts. But if you dont mind going a little aftermarket vintagepowerwagons has an electronic ignition for the 24 volt dist. As for tdc the distributor can be either 180 in or out as it only uses a key way instead of gears. Form there you only can fine tune the timing making it easy to work on.

WarrenD

Looks like John at Midwest just scored some NOS parts. This is gonna cost some $$$$.....

desert demon

Got my distributor to day from Cordell AKA ODDBALL-CMK.Thanks so much Cordell for the great deal :razz: Now this payday get two batterys and some plugs and hope the compression is still good :)

desert demon

Thanks Chuck.Just checked out youre site there in Michigan.Thats really cool.Be nice if we could get a little group togeather here closer to Salt Lake Ut.Unless there is and i havent found it :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks