• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Parking brake drum diameter ?

knighthawk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can anyone tell me the diameter of the parking brake drum for the M37 with the New Process 420. I just picked up a 1960 Dodge D400 dump truck missing the parking brake drum and band. Since it uses the same New Procee 420 as the M37 I am trying to determine if the M37 parts will work. Thanks in advance for any help.

John Mc

I just went out and measured the parking brake drum on my (mostly) 1951 M37.

I got 7 3/4" diameter. (Note that this is just with a measuring tape, not a micrometer or caliper, so take that number for what it's worth.)

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just went out and measured the parking brake drum on my (mostly) 1951 M37.

I got 7 3/4" diameter. (Note that this is just with a measuring tape, not a micrometer or caliper, so take that number for what it's worth.)
Yep that is what my tape measuring tape said.

knighthawk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you very much. The D400 is referenced as having an 8" drum diameter. I suspect they are the same since the transmission is the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks