• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 pictures in Country?

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
This might turn into a fun thread. I havent seen any pictures on the web of the M37 in Korea. Ive seen a few in Vietnam but nothing during the Korean war.

Im also putting together a display board for the M37 I have and it would be nice to have some pictures of soldiers using it stateside or in country.

Do you guys know of some or have any? - Jay

citizensoldier

Here are a few off the top.. I will dig up more when I have time.. Its my understanding that not to many were actually used or saw use in the Korean war.. But I could be wrong I have no proof just rumor.. Most of the pictures I have of the Korean war we UN countries are using leftover WWII equipment and trucks.

Attachments

Last edited:

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I was thinking the same thing, thats not many were used in Korea. I have seen alot of the WW2 stuff used in pictures. Thank you for the pictures, im going to use some of them. -Jay

M-37Bruce

Otto

I've got a couple more, just need to find them?
Ft. Eustis, between me (Richmond) & Williamsburg,VA is the home of the Gun Truck Museum, if you get a chance, you should check it out.

dcbrown

Here's a couple. These were actually of my father-in-law's truck. He was Battalion Medical Sergeant with the 19th Artillery, 1st Cavalry Division. This photo is actually circa 1959, so it isn't during the War, but it is in Korea. Sorry they are miserable shots. The photo with the trailer is the Bn. Medical load-out. Besides the 37, the unit had one cracker box ambulance, and one litter jeep.

Attachments

littlebob

Glad to see someone show intrest in that war and its vehicles. I was born in 1964 and didn't even know there was a Korean war till I was old enough to vote. Thanks to all that served in it, It is
really the forgotten war.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks