• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 PTO parts Needed

m376x6

Found a completely rusted up dual output PTO for the M37 series. I have a set of gears from AB Linn. The dual shaft is pitted badly around the seal contact points so I'll use a machineable epoxy to return it to correct OD on both sides and then press fit sleeve them. The reverse gear bearings are rusted clumps. The idler and output gear bearings are clumps of rust as well. Would anyone have the caged needle roller bearings laying about? The part numbers for the tapered bearing cones and cups are:

2691 Mil #705834 cone
2631 Mil #706744 cup
09062 Mil # 705369 cone
09195 Mil # 707085 cup
Idler needle bearings 2 each Mil # 708224

The case and bearing flanges are in very good shape. I'll machine a new shift rod from stainless. These have become very rare and I just wanted to save some money rebuilding it to sit on the shelf in case I ever needed it. The parts are available from AB and Vintage. Vintage has a parts kit with the 6 pieces and it is slightly cheaper than just the cones and cups through local bearing houses. Anybody have a good source for surplus bearings that might have these? Thanks

Regards,
M376X6

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks