• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Restoration Album on Webshots

Boatcarpenter

Very nice [thumbzup] . I wish I had the patience, skills, tools, space, tools, skills, garage, patience, tools, time,..........Well, you get the picture, to do something like that.
BC

Carter

Re: RE: M37 Restoration Album on Webshots

Boatcarpenter said:
Very nice [thumbzup] . I wish I had the patience, skills, tools, space, tools, skills, garage, patience, tools, time,..........Well, you get the picture, to do something like that.
BC
Thanks, and yeah, I get the picture, but the picture is not complete, also there's the cussing, stomping, bitching, moaning, bleeding, tired, hungry, broke and happy that are also part of it. Carter

Boatcarpenter

RE: Re: RE: M37 Restoration Album on Webshots

Right on Carter! And that's what makes the first ride in a project bring out that dirty, greasy grin from ear to ear :grd:
BC

Bill W

RE: Re: RE: M37 Restoration Album on Webshots

Carter very nice album [thumbzup]
Did you do all the welding? if so what brand mig do you have and do you like it!, Mine POS mig just crapped out and I am looking for another.
Just a FYI, You should have a 6" star on the cowl right under where the the mirror mounts being the spare tire blocks the door star.( but thats just me being anal)

Nice work

Carter,

Recognize the signon from G741. Never really looked at your album before. NICE JOB!!
Didn't know what you'd started with.

Anyone that wants a similar challenge, I've got the truck in ZAKs avatar for sale. PM me.

Patience and determination. A lot of both.

Thanks for sharing.

zak

Hey Brian did you get the two that were for sale at the Yankee Air Force Museum on the Oscoda base a couple of years ago?

Carter

Re: RE: Re: RE: M37 Restoration Album on Webshots

Bill W said:
Carter very nice album [thumbzup]
Did you do all the welding? if so what brand mig do you have and do you like it!, Mine POS mig just crapped out and I am looking for another.
Just a FYI, You should have a 6" star on the cowl right under where the the mirror mounts being the spare tire blocks the door star.( but thats just me being anal)
I'm not much of a welder when dealing with something that has to be perfect or nearly so. I'm lucky enough to have a friend, Howard, of 30 years who was a master welder instructor at the Ordnance School at Aberdeen Proving Ground who has been doing all of the welding on this truck. He's not cheap but he's good, and when it comes to friendship it's not reflected in Howard's bills.

When I ordered my paint masks from Rick Larsen I forgot to order the cowl 6" star as well as the tail gate star and USA numbers. I should have called him this past winter and asked to have them made up and delivered to me at the Aberdeen ralley but there always seemed to be something better I needed to do, oh well.

Carter

Carter

zak said:
Carter I don't know who's truck looks better, yours or Bill W's. Great job!!!!
The answer is Bill's truck is better, no cadmium plating on mine. I wish mine looked as good as his.

Carter

Carter

Re: Nice work

bigbee said:
Carter,

Recognize the signon from G741. Never really looked at your album before. NICE JOB!!
Didn't know what you'd started with.

Anyone that wants a similar challenge, I've got the truck in ZAKs avatar for sale. PM me.

Patience and determination. A lot of both.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, I never posted a link to the entire ablum on G741 for some reason, I guess I thought everyone had probably seen it. My patients and determination to have an M37 were the result of my having seen one being used by the local police to patrol city streets during a blizzard that left 3' of snow on the ground and stopped everything but M37s. I was 13 at the time and was determined to have one someday. I am 63 years old now so it took a while and I'm not done yet.

Carter

sorry for the temp hi-jack, carter

Zak, you changed your avatar and now everyone's going to think I've got a real NICE truck for sale! Mine (bought 4, sold the two good ones) came from closer to Alpena, by Harrisville. You sent me the pics you took of the two by the road. Those are the ones I've got left.

Carter,
I'm at the point where I can do the design work, and think about getting things done, but that's as far as I get. Had 2 decent trucks, but couldn't make enough to cover the nut selling the pieces and parts, had to part with them. It'll all work out, someday.

Carter

Re: RE: sorry for the temp hi-jack, carter

M-37Bruce said:
Whoa, They are all nice........one of these days? aua
Judging from the pix in your webshots albums I've seen, one of these days is not far distant in the future for your M37 Bruce. How is the cargo box work progressing? Any recent shots to share and if so I'll say what my AA friends say "Thanks for sharing" :wink: Your OLD buddy, Carter

M-37Bruce

Re: RE: sorry for the temp hi-jack, carter

Carter said:
M-37Bruce said:
Whoa, They are all nice........one of these days? aua
Judging from the pix in your webshots albums I've seen, one of these days is not far distant in the future for your M37 Bruce. How is the cargo box work progressing? Any recent shots to share and if so I'll say what my AA friends say "Thanks for sharing" :wink: Your OLD buddy, Carter
Hey Carter,
How's tricks, everyone ok, you getting ready for Aberdeen to I guess? I am up in the air, I switched departments for 16 weeks, now they are yankin' my chain and working the bejebees out of me.
The up-right on the left is out of the donor, the right is off of my rig, been blasted and primed. Only a few (4) nut/screws left to get the passenger panel off and completely remove the original bed.
Also I am waiting on Ray's Disks/Hubs.I bought in Chancellorsville back in December.

Attachments

Carter

You are making good progress Bruce. I know how much work it is to restore a bed and you are doing great. Didn't know about Rays disks that you had ordered, lucky you. I'm still trying to convince Sandy that I should upgrade to disks but she isn't buying it but now I can tell her about your purchace and try pulling a " keeping up with the Jones or in this case keeping up with you, let you know how that works out.
I have been extremely busy with prep for Aberdeen and to try to sell some of my spare M stuff, also busy with recent deliveries from the CMP, now have 4 more new toys to play with.
I know work is keeping you busy but I hope to see you at Ripkens. Carter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks