• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 soft top parts alignment

rickf

On my recently acquired M37 it has a soft top on it but in trying to get things lined up I can see that the entire top is apparently leaning backwards. My window gaps are tight at the top in the front and larger at the back and opposite at the bottoms. Windows are in the doors straight. Doors are dead perfect in the frame. The passenger side rear top frame is wat back on top, I can put my whole finger through the gap between frame and window at the top and only a 1/4" at the bottom of the window. There is no seal in there yet. Is there an adjustment to bring the windshield forward at the top and the same with the rear bow? I realize I will need new windshield seals.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick,

There should be 2 small brackets (1/2" tab under windshield frame, 1 1/2" tall and about 2" wide) located just inboard of the windshield frame clamps, one on each side, these are held onto the cowl with two 5/16" - 24 bolts. These have 2 slots to allow them to be slid up or down, to adjust the windshield frame when clamped.
TM 9-8031-2 Chapter 15 explains it briefly.

Regards,

Bert

rickf

Rick,

There should be 2 small brackets (1/2" tab under windshield frame, 1 1/2" tall and about 2" wide) located just inboard of the windshield frame clamps, one on each side, these are held onto the cowl with two 5/16" - 24 bolts. These have 2 slots to allow them to be slid up or down, to adjust the windshield frame when clamped.
TM 9-8031-2 Chapter 15 explains it briefly.

Regards,

Bert
Thanks, I actually found it in the TM 9-2320-212-20, page 2-169. I couldn't find it in the other manuals but this one gives a good description of the windshield adjustment and the rear top adjustment. Or as good as a military manual gets anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks