• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Street Rod

CameronM715

Below are a couple of pictures of my newest project. I am converting my M37 to a lowered street rod. I have removed and sold the power train and purchased a rebuilt TBI 454 and automatic transmission from a 1988 Chevy dually.
I just purchased a Heidts independent front suspension with power steering to lower the chassis to about 4” off the ground with 28” tires.
The rear will have 34” tires on a Ford 9 inch, 31 spline rear axle with disc brakes.
My plan is to chop the soft top and rear cargo bows and canvas top even with the soft top.
When all done, I am going to paint is the correct 24087 green and markings.

Before:

Photoshop concept:

Setting the ride height. Note donor vehicle:

Last years project:

CameronM715

The powertrain went to a good cause. I sold it to a guy who wants to restore his M37 to original.
I am tired of doing stock restorations. They are fun, but I wanted to drive somthing to have fun with, in a different way. This will be really different.

SterlingDevelop

I cried a little bit when I saw that.
It is different, i'll give you that.

To paraphrase a well known mantra:

While I disagree with your choice to destroy the perfectly good MV,
I will always defend your right to do it........while I cry.

CameronM715

Part of the fun is seeing peoples reactions, good or bad. I see it all the time with the M715 which I lifted and fited with the SBC.
The truck was my son's idea. He said that if he was a soldier at age 18, he would want to drive a hot rod army truck. What you see, is the evolution of that idea. However, I vetoed the blower and straight headers out of the front fenders.
Love it or hate it, when it is all cleaned up, painted, and fitted with a 454, it will be a blast to drive.

CameronM715

m376x6 said:
CALIFORNICATION at its finest! You have fun, tiger.
FUNNY!
You know what they say about California, what happens here, the rest of the country follows in a few years. I will be giving you guys advice about lowering m37 all around the country.

M715ForLife

CameronM715 said:
m376x6 said:
FUNNY!
You know what they say about California, what happens here, the rest of the country follows in a few years. I will be giving you guys advice about lowering m37 all around the country.
Ermmm....

I don't think so.

I like the M715. You had a nice M37 before...

dc3coyote

Maddawg, I just realized that would fit in a normal sized garage with those tires, huhm all I would have to do is knock out the back wall to the kitchen and I have a indoor duece.
When your ready to take it out you put the bigboy tires on it.

Carter

CameronM715 said:
m376x6 said:
FUNNY!
Not a chance!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks