• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m37 transfer case linkage

bubba_got_you

</p> [FONT=&quot]I need pix of how the linkage is run (I cant remember and im putting my t-case back in so I need to know how to hook it back up) I can’t believe I can’t remember how it hooks up. I remember where the e-break handle goes but the high/low and 4x4/4x2 levers have me stumped. [/FONT]

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't help with the pictures, but it only works one way. Also, there is the emergency brake that bolts in there with the T-case linkage. When its in place, the lever that pulls it in 4wd, is the rear most lever. Then the Hi-lo range lever, is next, or in front of the other lever. Get the brake lever on there first, then the T-case stuff. There are spacers between the transmission and the E-brake. My suggestion is once you get all that stuff in place, have good new lock washers on the bolts and put locktite on the threads, so they don't rattle loose..... Also, be sure that the bolts are the proper length. They go into blind holes, and you don't want to bottom them out, then break them off, but you want them to have enough length, so they have enough threads to hold securely. I always use a nice new washer on the linkage ends, then the cotter pins. Sometimes there is room for a washer on each side of the linkage rod, then the cotter pin. That helps take out some of the rattle in the linkage. Of course there needs to be some rattle left, so that you can remember what your driving.

Actually, I have always thought that the M-37 is really a nice comfortable ride, especially when your doing "low-range" work.

Lee in Alaska

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks