• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m37 troop seats

sparky78

Hi I picked a 1962 m37 the spare should be by left door but is in box . Iam going to put it back on the side . Should the right side troop seat go all the way to front of box like left side ? Does any body have tire mounting harware they would like to sell? Thanks

pwrwagonfire

The troop seat along the front of the bed should go across the entire bed for the M37B1, which is the truck you have.

Here is a picture, not a very good one, but you can see

EDIT: I should clarify, yes the side troop seats should go all the way to the front on the M-37B!

Attachments

Last edited:

mhassett

MY left side runs from back to front.
My right side runs from back to the spare tire which is mounted in the bed.
Vintage Powerwagons has the lengths for all of the wooden oieces.
MHassett

sparky78

Thanks For the info. I guess all the m37'Ss I have seen were older with spare in box . Now looking closer they rewelded troop seat mount back about 20" so they could put spare mount in box. I have body off now steam cleaning frame and engine in morning . Then on to the body after frame painted. So far so good . Thanks again

CGarbee

As mentioned, Tom at Snake River has very nice reproduction metal bits for the troop seats and side racks if you need them.
I have the dimensions for the wood pieces on my website at:
Bed Wood

A B1 model would have had the spare over the door, an early model would have had it in the bed with the "jumpseat" to extend the passenger troop seat to full length when the spare was not in place. Depending on the quality the weld job that you say somebody did in moving the brackets around, it may be easier to install the short seat then to cut out and reweld the pieces again...

Good luck, and enjoy it :)

Oddball-CmK

Sorry if I misunderstood, but are you looking for the mounting applications for the spare tire? such as:
?

If so that unit is for sale if you're interested.

Thanks,
Cordell

Last edited: