• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Value in your opinion

MilitaryRestoration

What would you say that this truck is worth. Claims to have newer transmission and extra transmission, newer tires, newer Beachwood canvas, good canvas seats, everything original except a couple plow brackets welded to frame, using an alternator, troop seat and cross bow hardware not original but very good re manufactured, spare tire and spinner, and a runner.

Usually I'm pretty good at pricing M37's out but for some reason this one has me bluffed so figured I'd use a lifeline :) and ask the audience. Thank You

Attachments

SasquatchSanta

What it's worth and what to offer are two different issues.

Offer $2,500
Worth: $3,500 to $4,000 depending on how well it runs, "drives" AND how much rust is present.

As a non-purist that has owned several M37s, body and mechanical integrity are more important than originality. Having said that I've got an M37 that I'm going to sell because it is all original and deserves an owner that will preserve it's originality

halftrack

Re: RE: M37 Value in your opinion

SasquatchSanta said:

Offer $2,500
Worth: $3,500 to $4,000 depending on how well it runs, "drives" AND how much rust is present.
ditto

M-37Bruce

Re: RE: M37 Value in your opinion

halftrack said:
SasquatchSanta said:

Offer $2,500
ditto
Ditto here as well......
But what a "Tail-Gate"! (I gave 3 G's for mine seven years ago.)

Seasons Greet'ins,

kinetichotshot

RE: Re: RE: M37 Value in your opinion

I hope I don't get in trouble for hijacking here, but... I saw one of these the other day while I was driving, I have seen it there before and think it is for sale, it is (desert?) tan and looks (from the road) to be in pretty good shape. (it is at a shade tree mechanic shop in McAllen, TX) I have been thinking about getting one of these or maybe a 715. My question is if there was a civi version of this truck, or is it safe for me to assume that it was military (I know that this will be apparant once I get a chance to look at it up close and personal) Sorry I do not have any pics (saw it from the road and hav been restraining myself from going to look closer as I will probably get shot the second I show up at home with any "old truck" especially an MV!!!)
Thanks, and so that this isn't a complete hijack, Nice looking truck!

citizensoldier

RE: Re: RE: M37 Value in your opinion

Any factory produced civi version would be a flatfender Power Wagon.. If it looks like the one above its a M37 or one of its variants all being military.. The military did use flatfenders though. And many M37's were surplused out to manicipalities..sorry for spelling. So if it looks like a M37, smells like a M37.. its a M37 :) Go buy it and stop and get some kevlar body armor before you get home.. They are a very fun and tough old truck just dont be in a hurry to get anywhere..

kinetichotshot

I was off a little, like I said, I saw it while driving down the road so I really didn't get a good look at it. I sent a friend over to look closer and get info... turns out it is a 59 Willis overland. I am still waiting on the pics of it ( I havent been back down to the valley yet). The guy wants $2000, says the motor is reman, but the gas tank is out of it due to a leak. Not sure if I will go for it or not yet...
Anyone want to buy an 02 Mitsu Galant? (need to sell it to buy a new toy...)
Laterz,
Gator
>|--|~

kinetichotshot

OK Webb, Thanks for the pics... What does the bottle opener say? I cant read it!!! :shock:
As for everyone else, what do you all think. Is it worth the $2k that he wants for it?

Sorry for the thread hijack... Yell at me and move and Ill move this to its own thread if I need to.

Thanks,
Gator
>|--|~

M-37Bruce

OverLand Willy's

Depending on the sheet metal, I'd go for a grand or 1,200 maybe.........there's still plenty of work to be done. I couldn't read the bottle opener either, I do like brown soup out of a glass bottle!
JMHO,

ov1guy

It's a Pearl Beer opener. Pearl was a Texas beer brewed in San Antonio. I don't remember when they went out of business exactly, but I'm thinking it's been around 20 years. If someone wants more pics, just PM

M-37Bruce

In the late sixties I spent almost 6 months in Amarillo, TX. Coors was everywhere, but I do remember Pearl Beer!
Good Luck W/ The Willy's, :beer:

kinetichotshot

At the moment I have decided to pass on the Willys. (of course, I still haven't been "home" to McAllen so I have not had the chance to go look in person to even be able to think about buying it, and thus might change my mind when I do get there....) and in the meantime I bought another truck, so I really shouldn't be spending ANY more money for quite a while...
It's probably a good thing that it doesn't say 'Shiner' or else I would have to buy it!!!
[Shiner is a local Texas (german inspired) beer brewed in Shiner, TX (my personal choice of brew)]

And to return the thread from the hijack... MilitaryRestoration: What did you end up doing about that 37? It was a nice looking truck! Did you get it, I haven't seen any recovery threads on it. Just wondering.

Laterz,
Gator
>|--|~

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks