• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 vs M56

hwcurtice

So, sort of like the m1028 or m1031? The chassis model where they mounted all kinds of different beds/boxes and used it for all kinds of things. Not just hauling ammo.

hmmmm

L1A1

Whats the difference between the M37 and the M56? Without looking at the dataplate, because I don't think I'll be able to go back to the one I found near me. :confused:
What did you do?!! :p:wink: :lol:

Capt. Marion
Thanks for shedding some light on that. Thought the M56 was the "command" variant not the cab & chassis. There were also some trucks with a longer wheel base (124" ?) Those might have been the contact maintenance trucks..
Matt

hwcurtice

I asked the guy if he wanted to sell it. It said he was kind of attached to it because it was a cute little truck....

So....

Off to greener pastures, or trucks that aren't sitting in green pastures...

L1A1

I asked the guy if he wanted to sell it. It said he was kind of attached to it because it was a cute little truck....

So....

Off to greener pastures, or trucks that aren't sitting in green pastures...
Oohh. From the way you worded it, I thought "words were exchanged". If you have your heart set on a G741, then you may want to have a look at the "swap meet forum" over on www.g741.org . There's always an M37 (or variant) for sale over there.

Matt

hwcurtice

He mentioned a few people had stopped by to ask about it. He also said he has friends that own more of them. Someone has a collection (Derelicts) nearby and that he would give them my number.

Yeah, okay....

So like I said... Off to greener pastures...

L1A1

He mentioned a few people had stopped by to ask about it.
Yeah if it's in sight of the road, people will do that. It's happened to me as well oddly enough, not with any of my MVs but with a civilian car in the back yard :-?.

He also said he has friends that own more of them. Someone has a collection (Derelicts) nearby and that he would give them my number.

Yeah, okay.... I'd be real surprised as well if someone calls. That's usually the "kiss of death."

So like I said... Off to greener pastures...
Matt

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm very novice with the G741s but doesn't the M56 have a slightly longer wheelbase?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks