• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 wheel options

jimbob1111

1 piece tubless M37 wheels

I bought some 1 piece tubeless wheels for my M101 trailers, they fit M37, M101 & M101A1's.
I have several sets I'm going to put in the Classified.
Not having a spare for them bothered me.

Attachments

DAP

I got mine made at Stockton Wheels but provided them with the centers from junk Budd rims. Are yours all new manufacture? Who actually made yours?

jimbob1111

New M37 tubeless wheels

Hi,
They are all new, US MILITARY issue, still in the box.
The NSN shows SECO Parts & Equipment. They must have got the bid on the contract.
The wheels were made in 2007 by GKN Land Systems in the USA, they make wheels for CLAAS, CAT, AGCO, DEERE & others. A very high quality product.
I need to get it in gear, I got probably another 3 or 4 sets of 1100x16 Michelin XL's to dismount from LAV wheels in the shop.
I'm thinking about mounting & balancing some 1100x16 XL's and taking them to the Kennesaw swap meet or the Georgia rally to try to sell.
Here's a couple more pics
HMFG

Attachments

MatthewH

There a one piece 16x6.5 rim made by GKN. A few years back a ton of these sold on GL, however lately they've seemed hard to get and there pricy.
They fit stock M37 or M101A1 great, but if you've swapped to disc brakes on your M37, they dont fit due to the drop in the center of the rim.
There's a few options for different wheels, you can run recentered HMMWV rims, or Vintage Power Wagon is now selling a one piece rim, though its a 17" rim, and there north of $400 apiece

Cpc993

I also though of just changing the differentials so I can swap the wheels. I rather keep it stock but it's really expensive to do that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks