• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Winch ID

natendee

Hello all. I'm new to this forum and military trucks in general. I'm beginning my first project on a 1953 M37 with the initial goal of getting it in decent working order (electrical and brakes) and then expanding from there. I have many questions but one on the list that I haven't been able to answer is what kind of winch is on the truck. It appears similar to a Braden MU2 but the tag on it has me confused. It appears to read "Winch, Model 1F, Capacity 8000 LB, Made in Japan for Sandy's Bronx NY. See pics below. I realize the photos aren't the best but at the time I took them I wasn't too focused on the winch and don't have immediate access to take more pics at the moment. Can anyone tell me what this is? Thanks for the help!

2017-12-31 14.50.20 - Copy.jpg
2017-12-31 14.37.00 - Copy.jpg
2017-12-31 14.36.55 - Copy.jpg
2017-12-31 14.32.35 - Copy.jpg

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
100_1871.jpg This is what should be on your M37 , along with the winch bumper's . If the PTO is correct , you need a winch and probably a winch drive shaft . They come up for sale fairly often , bumper ends are rare . If you need any pictures I can do that . The M37 is a great vehicle to restore , lots of parts available . good luck and don't forget to down load the TM's from this site . bob k

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may have one in the storage trailer , I will take a look when the snow and cold lets up next week .