• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M373A2E6 Electronic Van

essayons07

I purchased a M373A2 van a while back and have been paying storage. The state of the economy is forcing me to get rid of it. What are these worth? I hate to scrap it because it is so cool but that may be what I have to do. I guess it is only worth what someone is willing to pay...but a starting point would be good. Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What'd ya pay for it?

essayons07

Payed about $1,000 in July 2010. Looking at the weight I should get more than that if scrapped. I've been paying storage for over a year so I know I will not recoup all of my investment.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder what it's worth in scrap.

Obviously you don't have a place for it,, or you would not have been paying for storage for a
year.

What was your plan? Seems like you've made a pretty good investment so far.

I hate throwing in the towel...

essayons07

Obviously you don't have a place for it,, or you would not have been paying for storage for a
year.

I got crazy on GL and bought some things I probably should not have. I had purchased it with the intentions of converting it to some type of camper. I also have a 818. My problem was that I did not relocate my items in a timely manner so either I paid a lot of storage or owe a lot of storage. I also have a 6 ton van with expansible sides that I was going to use as a work shop that I may end up getting rid of.

essayons07

year.

The data plate indicates about 10,000 lbs empty. I figure that the trailer is mostly aluminum so with a little hard work I can scrap out the aluminum apart from the steel. I think scrap steel is about $0.10 per pound and aluminum about $0.50 per pound.

I too hate throwing in the towel...but one has to keep the lights on and buy food...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I noticed this trailer somewhere else and am watching it. I'd like to get it, but I'd have to get a dolly and work just isn't going to allow a pickup right now.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed this trailer somewhere else and am watching it. I'd like to get it, but I'd have to get a dolly and work just isn't going to allow a pickup right now.

Now I get it...

I guess $1200 is too much(to answer the OP's starting point question)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks