• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37's versus the Pinzgauers

Milsurp

There is a fella in town here who has a Pinzy. I checked it out and it looks pretty dang rugged. I was wondering if anyone here considers it to be better suited for on-road versus off-road.

My M37 gets around town very well. But, where I think it shines is off-road.

Anyone have any thoughts?

DieselBob

I would imagine that would depend on the model. I was looking at a 712 6X6 and they should make a great off-road truck but they seem to have a differential gear problem at sustained highway speeds unless upgraded to a “gen2” gear set which looks to be rather expensive compared to the cost of the vehicle. Having the ability to select which differential is locked when needed is a plus but the expense to upgrade the differentials to the newer spec could be a show stopper. 2cents

jedawson1

I don't view these trucks a equals, the M37 is an older design with traditional leaf spring and Axel suspension. The pinz has a modern fully independent suspension and as mentioned many had a form of locking diffs.