• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38 Build in photos

zout

Looks like you have a great shop and everything you need for the rebuild. Keep the pics coming - going to be watching this one.

natem

Here are a few more pics of day 3. I thought the fact the hat channels were still intact with all that floor rust is unusual.

Attachments

SPCWarning

Looks like a "just-dig-in-and-git-'er-dun" project. Lots of work cut out for you, but it looks like you have the shop and equipment to get it all done. Keep the pics coming, and we can't wait to see the finished product!....subscribed!
Also, two [thumbzup] [thumbzup] for your Avatar!!

natem

The plan was to finish this in 30 days or less. Well you all know what they say about plans. Work, family, procrastination, and laziness left me with 3 weeks to have it running for our fall color tour. HAHAHAHA Stay tuned.................

Oh and here are a few pics of day 4. the passenger side floor fitting and a look at the corner repair that will be next. And test fitting the ramsey winch.

Nate

Attachments

Paladin6

That M38 is shaping up very nicely. I envy some of those tools you have - like the plasma cutter! Hope the restoration continues to go well for you. Can't wait to see what she will look like when you are done.

natem

Thank you all for the kind words. I hope to pass along a few fabricating ideas. As they say "one picture is worth a thousand words". As time permits I will go back through my pics and show how some of the parts were made and the tools used.

Nate

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks